11 DAILY RITUALSEike Rappmund
my very personal basic daily routines and rituals
I am delighted to share with you my very personal basic daily routines and rituals for an overall well being, that I have found enriching my life on so many levels.
I wish you to get inspired, and perhaps you will find some valuable information that may enhance your life also physically, mentally and spiritually. It is all about finding ways to make it easier for the body, mind and soul to find serenity and wellbeing in our daily life.
Of course, every human being is different and I encourage you to experiment and find your own potpourri !!! The most important thing is that it feels good and nourishes YOU!
Here it goes
- After being awake for 2-3 minutes, stretching my body, looking around my room and being grateful for the new day and for my warm bed I am lying in, I drink a glass of water to help my kidneys detoxify my organs.
- Still lying down, I bring my consciousness into the present moment. I do an internal checkup, knowing that, just like the body, also the mind regenerates overnight. Although, there might be some unresolved energies within me that could drain me and make my coming day not as free flowing as it could be, I prepare myself ideally for a good morning start, I activate my body, mind, consciously connecting with my energy system, with a very easy to do but very effective ReQuMe breathing technique inspired by Wim Hof, then I proceed to finalize the releasing of unnecessary blockages with the ReQuMe Reprogramming Method
(link to re-programming frequency and code )
Since I am a yoga teacher, I know the many benefits of breathing. The Wim Hof Technique not only oxygenates the blood, makes fitter and connects us with our inner self, it has also been proven in many studies that this special breathing method is a true source of rejuvenation for the entire body; it is alkalizing, strengthens the immune system, and can even eliminate many diseases.
If there was only one thing I could do every day this would be it!
- After getting up, I turn on music which is new to me and lovingly scrub my body with a dry brush and give my head a short massage while smiling at myself in the mirror. Yes, I pull the corners of my mouth up to my ears, this produces happy hormones! (see in my Vlog/link?)
- I do organic extra virgin olive oil pulling every morning for about 10-15 minutes, while showering. Regularly practicing oil pulling increases energy, gives you a brighter glowing skin as well as healthier and whiter teeth.
When I am done, I spit the oil into a trash bin, (not in the sink or toilet where the oil might solidify and create obstruction).
- I brush my teeth with all organic fluoride free toothpaste and after that I use a tongue scraper. This tonguecleaner looks like a U-shaped piece of stainless steel. It is meant to be placed at the back of your tongue and then gently pulled forward. It’s this forward motion that scrapes and cleans the top layer of your tongue, removing dead cells and bacteria.
- I have practiced intermittent fasting since about a year and I Really do LOVE it. I feel such a difference: more energy, greater capability to think and be more productive and creative. My digestion is perfect and I feel I give my organs a break.
My eating phase is between 10 am and 6 pm. Apart from many other benefits, intermittent fasting repairs cells and reduces inflammation in the body. Inflammation has been shown being responsible for many diseases. Fasting increases human growth hormones in the body, altogether these are enough reasons for me to just do it!
So no breakfast 🙂 A beautiful time to do my daily rituals!
- I do get up 2 hours before any interaction with people or the world.
I Love My ‘Me Time’. I Feel Positive, Motivated, and I Get So Much Done With a Tank Full of Free Flowing Positive Energy!
Every morning I do my daily ReQuMe Meridian Yoga Flow (Vlog link) practice, or when I do not have so much time I do the ReQuMe Meridian Chi-Flow (Vlog link) while taking Happy and Bono my fury lucky dragons for a nice walk (of course they are no dragons, they are bichon maltese dogs).
Then I go to greet and feed my beloved Donkey Uncle, the Horses Bella and Tango, the Ponies Emma and Fee.
I use my mornings working on my various projects, sometimes on the computer, but my absolute favourite is being outside, in nature, flourishing the Star Seedz Farm, or creating new Meditations.
Until I start eating I drink herbal tea (e.g. Burdock Root) with cloves and anise star tea and after a cup of organic coffee. Here comes a tip from my mother: Try adding a little pepper to your coffee. This activates digestion and the aroma increases. Also cinnamon and cardamom taste delicious.
- At 10am I drink a cup of homemade nurturing ‘power broth’ with veggies grown at a nearby organic farm. I prepare the soup every four days so I just can heat up a cup every morning.
Ingredients: leeks, onions, garlic, coriander seeds, ginger, peppercorns, mustard seeds, fresh shiitake mushrooms, seaweed, mixed with seasonal boiled vegetables. After the vegetables are cooked until soft, I separate them from the broth and boil fresh vegetables again in the broth. I add a little miso paste instead of salt. When it’s done cooking I sprinkle some fresh scallions on top.
For no vegans:
For thousands of years, there have been traditional foods like fermented vegetables and cultured dairy that have been praised for their health benefits, but one common healing food that is now being recognized for its incredible health benefits is bone broth. There are dozens of different nutrients found within bone broth, many of which can’t be obtained easily from other commonly eaten foods. Bone Broth can help promote healthy gut integrity while reducing inflammation in the body. Bone broth is a true source of gelatin, which breaks down into collagen in the body. This is especially important for the joints.
Once a month I do a cure for 10 days. I prepare pure organic beef or chicken bone broth. Simmering for 12 to 24 hours or even longer. (Add some vinegar to the broth, it enhances the release of the nutrients out of the bones.)
- After the soup I wait 20 minutes until I eat my first meal of the day.
A good information for me was not to drink or take in too much liquid (like a soup) 20 min before- and 2 hours after meals. Our grandparents already knew this, and when I was a young girl, we never had anything to drink during meals. The reason is that the stomach acid needs to crush the swallowed food. The extra liquid hinders the beneficial digestion and the correct transportation of all valuable ingredients to where they belong.
- During the day I drink cold or hot Tea. My favourite one is the lemon peel tea. Simmering lemons with the peel, becomes not only an amazing ‘vitamin bomb’ – lemon peel is richer in nutrients than lemon fruit or juice! in fact, the peels contain 5 to 10 times more vitamins than lemon juice and they are likewise a great source of calcium, pektin, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and beta-carotene. The vitamin C and calcium are responsible for not only improving bone health but also for preventing inflammatory polyarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoporosis. Its antibacterial properties are what kill internal worms and parasites as well as protect your body from fungal and bacterial infections.
After thoroughly washing the lemons, I cut off the stalk and quarter the fruit. I simmer the fruit for about 20 minutes and, after it has cooled down, I pour the juice into a bottle. I’m drinking it once or twice a day, depending on the season.
Note: You should not drink this citrus tea when you have a stomach pain, because the mucous membranes can be irritated.
- I know some people think they are not spiritual. However, just because they might not conform to Eastern religion, don’t practice Yoga, or are not living an alternative, ‘esoteric’ and less materialistic lifestyle, doesn’t mean they are not spiritual.
Spirituality means to me to live and act out of your heart space. We are souls here on earth, born with a force within us called ‘‘Love – Energy’. Love supports togetherness, cleanses and purifies our beingness. The Energy of authentic Love is creating and activating pathways of ascension from within our true selves.
The main message from every teacher I have ever listened to, has been about unfolding our heart energy.
What the Bleep do we (k)now
The 5 Biological Laws of Nature
Conversations with God by Neil Donald Walsch
The Prophecies of Celestine
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananada
Siddharta by Herman Hesse
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East by Baird T.Spalding
The history of Bees Maja Lunde